WhatsApp is one of the most popular IM (instant messenger) on any platform these days and as you must know from the past that the developers behind it are not really a big fan of “Great New Looks” theory. The Android version was moved from the traditional design to the Stock Android look a long while ago and added functionality like Audio Messages came later but today its time to focus on the updated version that is now making its way to the iOS 7 users. The application has been updated to a more sober white UI all over and icons, chat bubbles have been made flatter and less glossy to compliment the much plain look that iOS 7 has adopted.
To add to this there have been several new additions to the App including :
- Broadcast lists: communicate with your classmates, work colleagues or just friends by messaging many people at once.
- Improved share location: 3D map view, hide places, search places
- Large thumbs: see more
- New notification alerts and sounds: WhatsApp Settings > Notifications > New Message.
- Application will now use your device text size as configured in iOS Settings > General > Text Size
- New improved User Interface for managing your blocked contacts: WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Blocked
- Crop image before sending
To download the Application visit Apple iTunes Store and to state the obvious its still costs nothing at all.