Samsung demoed their curved display technologies earlier at MWC 2013 and since then we have been waiting to see when it makes its way to an actual gadget. Today Samsung has taken the first step towards Smartphones with curved displays with the launch of their very first Samsung Galaxy Round that uses Samsung’s curved display tech. This device has a 5.7” Super Flexible AMOLED unit with Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels). Well sadly that’s all so special about this device as other specifications match a present day high end Smartphone and the phone is a biggie.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Round :
- Dimensions & Weight : 151.1 x 79.6 x 7.9 mm (5.95 x 3.13 x 0.31 in) at 154g.
- Display : 5.7 Inch Super Flexible AMOLED Full HD (1080p) at ~386 ppi pixel density.
- Android Version : 4.3 Jelly Bean with Tochwiz
- Storage : 32 GB Internal Micro SD Support upto 64GB & 3GB RAM.
- Processor : Quad-core 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 800.
- GPU : Adreno 330
- Camera : 13MP Primary ( 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps) & 2MP Secondary.
- Battery : Li-Ion 2800 mAh.
- Price : 1000$ Aprox.
Samsung has naturally added a couple of tricks to utilize the curved screen of the device. They include Bounce UX for controlling the device’s music player by tapping on its sides, and Gravity Effect for interacting with the display by rolling it. A short video demonstration is present below.
So as you see the Galaxy Round is a replica of Samsung’s latest Galaxy Note 3 aside from the S-Pen and Curved Display. Now the question is will Galaxy Round be able to get its hand dirty on Sales or will it die like the usual unusual tech. Lets us know your views in the comments sections below. For more details and images of Galaxy Round visit Source link below.