The Exynos variant of Galaxy S4 was already treated with android 4.4.2 and now the update is making its way to the Snapdragon Variant too (GT-I9505), Germany is the first country to get it for the LTE variant. The update is dubbed as I9505XXUFNB8 and is available through both OTA (over the air) and Samsung’s desktop assistance software know as Kies. The features are identical to the ones from the GT-I9500 and are listed down below, have a look.
Changes & Improvements in Android 4.4.2 update for the Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
- Android 4.4.2
- Album art are displayed on Lock Screen while playing Music.
- Camera shortcut is displayed on lock screen.
- Upgraded Emoji icon in Keyboard.
- Location service are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu.
- Default SMS app & launcher can be assigned via Settings.
- White Icons in the Notification Bar.
- Wireless mobile printing options via Samsung +HP printers.
- Performance Tweaks.
- Android 4.4 Google Apps support (Google Drive & Google Photos).
The update is currently available only in Germany, but it shall make it’s way to more countries soon, once available you may use the OTA or Samsung Kies to update you device to latest Android version intended for your region/country. For the more eager ones, you may download the update from the source link below and flash it update via ODIN manually (Refer to the guide if you have any queries)
OTA : To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.
KIES : To update your Galaxy S4 via Samsung Kies you need to connect your device via USB cable and then open the Kies application (Will require a PC or Laptop). The update notification will pop-up by itself if your Kies has been updated to the latest version (if not you will have to update Kies first). The software shall then give you a complete guide on updating and backing up your device.