The initial roll-out of Android 4.3 for the Galaxy S III (I9300) has not been dealt with yet but there might be a reason for the Galaxy S III LTE (I9305) owners to finally cheer up as Samsung has started rolling out the Android 4.3 for the latter. The roll-out has started today with Germany taking the first place, while Spain (Vodafone) stands second. The update is hopefully stable as it wasn’t the case for the I9300 model. Samsung keeps the update to the same level of enhancement as the International 3G model and the change-log is given below. Also the Build number is I9305XXUEMKC.
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
As you might have already noticed that Samsung hasn’t implemented the KNOX feature in the I9305 but there is a chance that a future update might fix that for you. To update your Galaxy S III to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, connect your device to your computer and use Samsung KIES or simply use Samsung’s OTA service. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.
*Tip : If you wish to manually update the Galaxy S III I9305 to Android 4.3 you will have to settle for the German firmware (I9305XXUEMKC) for now as it is the only non-branded version released though you can go back to your respective country once the update reaches it.