We bring a great news for all our folks in the “Great White North”, as Android 4.3 for the Galaxy Note II makes its way to Canada on various carriers including Video Tron, Mobilicity, Eastlink and Global Wind Mobile too. The update is available via Samsung Kies and the OTA (Over the Air) is following soon enough. The update keeps the same change-log from the International N7100 & N7105 LTE variants of the Galaxy Note II and in case you missed it then its listed as following.
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- Samsung KNOX
- Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
- Better RAM management
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
So if you want to get your hands on the fresh new update for the Galaxy Note II then it might be the time to open your PC/laptops and connect your device to Samsung Kies. Also if you ran into some issues (Rooted/ROM flashed) and can not update your Note II via official method then you can get the download file from This Link and use the Manual Update method from our post “How to update Galaxy Note II to Android 4.3 Official update“.
Note : Take a backup if you wish to proceed for the manual method as all your data will be erased.