Android 4.3 update for the Galaxy Note II is proceeding slowly and today T-mobile’s Note II (SGH-T889) has joined the list along with Sprint (SPH-L900) and the International variants (N7100 & N7105 LTE). The update is coming via OTA (over the air) and carries a build number T889UVUCMK7. There is a long list of features that come with this update and they are listed below.
LIST OF FEATURES & UPGRADES FOR GALAXY NOTE II ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE
- Galaxy Gear support
- Samsung KNOX
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
- Better RAM management
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
To update your Galaxy Note II LTE to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, connect your device to your computer and use Samsung KIES. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.
If you wish to manually update you Galaxy Note II (SGH-T889) to Android 4.3 for some reasons (Rooted/Custom ROM/Not available yet) then you can download the firmware file from the link below and use ODIN to flash it. Do take a back-up before proceeding as all your Data will be erased and *Refer to our Method : How to Update Galaxy Note II to Android 4.3 Manually via ODIN.