Today is the day that all Samsung Galaxy Note II owners must celebrate, as Android 4.3 official update is now rolling out to for both N7100 & N7105 (LTE) variants of the Note II. The device was launched with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean out of the box and Samsung never updated the Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II to Android 4.2.2 but its time it gets something even sweeter, Android 4.3. The update for the N7100 was made available two days ago and now its time for N7105 LTE variant to get its share. There are a lot of improvements in the new firmware over Android 4.1.2. Samsung has completely changed the core UI to the one found on the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3, even the setting app has been completely overhauled with a new tabbed interface. Other features are listed below.
– GALAXY GEAR Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– Samsung KNOX
– Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
– Better RAM management
– Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
– New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
– New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
– Driving mode
– Actionable notifications
– Move-to-SD-card feature
– New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
– New Additions in Notification Centre
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
– Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
– New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
– Full screen Samsung apps
– New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
Nordic countries (Coded as NEE) are the first to receive this update for the N7105 LTE variant and they should be joined by a few more as the time passes, so it may be a day or two till you get that notification for your Note II. To update your Galaxy Note II LTE to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, connect your device to your computer and use Samsung KIES or simply use Samsung’s OTA service. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.
Note : The N7105XXUEMK5 ROM can be dowloaded from Here if you wish to flash it via ODIN. Do remember to take a backup of your device before moving forward.