We all have been waiting for a very long time for this particular device to launch, we finally got what we had hoped for. The SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 is not just a Smartphone with a Top market spec-sheet but also a new direction towards making a phone as personal and user friendly as it could be. Samsung’s Unpack event revealed some of the outstanding features the Galaxy Note 3 is built with. There is a lot to it over its predecessor which has been one of the most famous smart phone of the year 2012.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 comes with a different build, this time its got a larger screen at 5.7 Inches and still retains almost the same dimension as the Note II but what’s different is the design of the Note 3. It somewhat matches the rectangular build as the Original Galaxy Note but still takes a semi oval home button like the Note II. So to sum its up its a mix and match but we are not complaining as it looks good enough. The back is part leathery feel but to be true its nothing but plastic with a stitched like formation (As a diary) which make the name NOTE proud.
The Major Specifications are as following :
- Dimensions & Weight : 151.2 x 79.2 x 8.3 mm (5.95 x 3.12 x 0.33 in) at 168g.
- Display : Full HD (1080p) Super Amoled 5.7 inches (~386 ppi pixel density).
- Android Version : 4.3 Jelly Bean with Tochwiz
- Storage : 32/64 GB Internal Micro SD Support upto 64GB & 3GB RAM.
- Processor :
- Snap dragon 800 Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 (LTE model)
- Quad-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 (3G model).
- GPU : Adreno 330 (LTE Model).
- Camera : 13MP Primary & 2MP Secondary.
- Battery : Li-Ion 3200 mAh
For a list of full specification click Here
Special features :
There were some very special feature which Samsung focused on its IFA event in Berlin, Germany on 4th September.
- The Dot : Supposedly Samsung has made it very clear to every manufacture that they are committed to a Host of Features that no one can ever think of yet. The Dot is taken from the very first concept that the Original Note came with, Hovering of the S-pen over the screen and pressing the button on it makes a Dot appear on the screen, this Dot then opens up a set of quick things to play with. Its just like an action menu, with all the things like Quick Note, Screenshot Etc.
- The Circle : This is yet another S-pen feature that makes the Note 3 stand out among others. In this feature you can take the information on your screen and save it in a magazine or memo almost instantly, all you have to do it take the S-pen and draw a circle over the information you want to jot-down and its there (yes its as easy as that) now we can take it and use it as we like.
- The Box : This is something we personally liked the most as this feature is major improvement on the last years unique Multi-Window from which made its debut in the Galaxy Note II. Samsung has taken the Multi-Window feature of the Note II to a whole new level, now we can have the same application running on both the windows at a time (Very useful while chatting). We can also share stuff between two of them with the help the S-Pen, all we have to do is drag and drop between them, while this seems to be good enough already there is more to it. So now comes “The Box” this is where while using the Multi-Window you use the S-pen and draw a Box of the Size you want the application your calling for to be, to be more precise when we draw a box then a set of instant actions pop-up and allows us to select features like calculator, calender Etc. Now this application would run on the top of th Multi-Window in the amount of space we had drawn for our Box (Isn’t that Amazing). This gives the Multi-Window a Third Sub-Window and its just a BOX away from you.
Yo May also check this video that Samsung released later to present all the Note 3’s Special features and details.
- Camera Features : Samsung has equipped the Galaxy Note 3 with a 13 megapixel rear camera with Smart Stabilization and high CRI LED flash, Galaxy Note 3 enables users to capture moments even in low light and active situations. Now the interesting part. The Galaxy Note 3 can record videos in Ultra High Definition (4K) at 30 FPS, Smooth Motion (FHD 60FPS) and Slow Motion (HD 120FPS). The newly announced Note 3 also features a 2 Megapixel front facing camera with Smart Stabilization, and can record video in Full HD (1080p) at 30 FPS.
Though, more colours would be added as the year progresses. Samsung has announced all new Flip Cover and S View Cover for the Galaxy Note 3 as well.
Pricing & availability for USA on major carriers : AT&T expects to ship the Galaxy Note 3 around October 1 and it will cost $299.99 on a two-year deal or $35 a month with AT&T Next program. T-Mobile has the Note 3 on their Simple Choice Plan for $199 up front and consequently $21 a month for two years and expects to ship October 2. Verizon hasn’t specified its prices yet but we expect the biggest US carrier to do so today.