The Galaxy S4 for American carrier AT&T was treated with Android 4.4 KitKat yesterday by the means of a leaked firmware through XDA-Developers and now the Galaxy Note 3 for AT&T has joined it. The firmware has a similar nature as the one for the Galaxy S4 so perfection is overrated, though this time there isn’t an “Obvious Bug” to point out (Galaxy S4 had Reboot issues on Video Playback), however there are new boot-loaders included so going back to an Android 4.3 based firmware after flashing this ROM is kind of a headache. In case you are wondering about rooting the Note 3 once on Android 4.4 then you will be have none to very little success, additionally the Third-Party accessories support may also be killed as it was a case in the International variant of the Galaxy Note 3 * Samsung is now working on that though.
Talking about the features this update brings, there are no changes from the ones for the International Galaxy Note 3 (Exynos as well as the Snapdragon 800) which are listed below.
- Android OS 4.4.2 KitKat,
- Album art are displayed on Lock Screen while playing Music.
- Camera shortcut is displayed on lock screen.
- Upgraded Emoji icon in Keyboard.
- Location service are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu.
- Default SMS app & launcher can be assigned via Settings.
- White Icons in the Notification Bar.
- Wireless mobile printing options via Samsung +HP printers.
- Performance Tweaks.
- Android 4.4 Google Apps support (Google Drive & Google Photos).
Now if you wish to flash this file then you can download it from This Link (Sized around 1.5GB) and refer to our guide on “How to manually update Galaxy Note 3 to Android 4.4 KitKat”. Also note that the Build Number is N900AUCECMLG and the Build date is 4th January 2014.