The Galaxy Note 10.1 is the Tablet avatar of the Galaxy Note 3 itself. Samsung managed to bring the consumers with a very powerful tablet this year and there is almost everything out there it can beat just by browsing through the Spec-Sheets. The Galaxy Note line tablet offers S-Pen features making it unique among others. Lets us have a look on key features of the Galaxy Note 10.1
1. Display & Dimensions
The Galaxy Note 10.1 has a 10.1 Inches (as the name suggests itself) display with a screen resolution being 2560 x 1600 pixels which is very good, the best yet. The pixel density goes at ~299 PPi making the screen sharp enough as a 720p smartphone. Though the only disappointment comes learning it is a Super clear LCD and not a Amoled. There is a touch support for up to 10 fingers but not gorilla glass. The Dimensions being 243.1 x 171.4 x 7.9 mm (9.57 x 6.75 x 0.31 in) and all this weights 540g (WIFI)/ 535 g (3G)/ 547g (LTE).
The Galaxy Note 10.1 is powered using the same chip-set as for the Galaxy Note 3. None of the two is a slouch when it comes to speed but the Snapdragon 800 does take the edge here. There is also different GPU (Graphic Processing Units) for the each chip-set. The Adreno 330 for the LTE Model and Mali-T628 MP6 for the 3G Model.
- Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 (LTE model) Snapdragon 800.
- Quad-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 (3G model) Samsung Exynos 5 Octa 5420.
The Note 10.1 is capable of handling most power hungry tasks with ease and multi-tasking is great on the tablet, the reason being the 3GB RAM its poses which along with those powerful processors makes the experience smooth and snappy.
3. Storage & Camera
The Galaxy Note 10.1 offers the traditional trend of storage options making for 3 variants 16GB, 32GB & 64GB of internal storage. You can easily expand any of these with the help of a MicroSD card upto 64GB. When it comes to camera the android tablets have always been a below average but not this time as the Camera in the Galaxy Note 10.1 is an 8MP (Galaxy Note 2 & S3) which is very good. There is also one thing worth mentioning that is you can record 1080p videos @60fps but its limited to the LTE Model. There is also a 2MP front camera which is capable of recording full HD videos too @30fps. Along with this there are also various Samsung camera modes & features that you might have seen on the Galaxy S4 and Note 3.
4. S-Pen Functions
It wouldn’t be a Galaxy Note if it wasn’t for the S-Pen, the Note 10.1 supports all the S-Pen features that made appearance on the Note 3 (Yes each and every feature).
- The Dot (Air command): Hovering of the S-pen over the screen and pressing the button on it makes a Dot appear on the screen, this Dot then opens up a set of quick things to play with. Its an action menu, with all the things like Quick Note, Screenshot Etc.
- The Circle : In this feature you can take the information on your screen and save it in a magazine or memo almost instantly, all you have to do it take the S-pen and draw a circle over the information you want to jot-down and its there (yes its as easy as that) now we can take it and use it as we like.
- The Box : Samsung has taken the Multi-Window feature to a whole new level, now we can have the same application running on both the windows at a time (Very useful while chatting). We can also share stuff between two of them with the help the S-Pen, all we have to do is drag and drop between them, while this seems to be good enough already there is more to it. So now comes “The Box” this is where while using the Multi-Window you use the S-pen and draw a Box of the Size you want the application your calling for to be, to be more precise when we draw a box then a set of instant actions pop-up and allows us to select features like calculator, calender Etc. Now this application would run on the top of th Multi-Window in the amount of space we had drawn for our Box (Isn’t that Amazing). This gives the Multi-Window a Third Sub-Window and its just a BOX away from you.
5. Battery & Pricing
The Galaxy Note 10.1 is powered by a Non-removable Li-Po 8220 mAh battery which gives a 2230 Hours Stand-by time, Talk-time is estimated to 49 Hours on 3G and Up to 98 Hours of Music play. The Pricing starts from 410 Euros and increases with the additional functionalists ( 3G & 4G LTE) and Internal storage.