The pricing and availability of HTC’s 2014 Flagship Device, the HTC One (M8) is finally out for India. The Indian launch took place almost after a month from since the smartphone was revealed in UK and USA, on 25th March 2014 but that’s not something new seeing those are the major players in the Smartphone game. The HTC M8 will cost 49,900 Rupees at launch and will be on sale in the first week of May (Or May 7th to be exact), so there is still a short road ahead of getting there.
Major Specifications of HTC One (M8)
- Dimensions : 146.4 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm (5.76 x 2.78 x 0.37 in) at 160g
- Display : 5 Inch Super LCD3 Full HD (1080p) with 441 ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor & Graphics : Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 Quad-core 2.5 GHz & Adreno 330 GPU
- Storage & Ram : 16/32 GB In-Built, Micro SD Expandable up to 128GB & 2 GB RAM
- Camera : Ultra-Pixel Dual 4 MP (2µm pixel size) with Dual Tone Flash & 5 MP front.
- Video Recording : 1080p @30fps, 720p @ 60fps from Rear & 1080p @ 30fps from Front
- Software : HTC Sense 6.0 Skinned Android 4.4.2
- Battery : 2600 mAh (Non-Removable)
- Colors : Gunmetal Gray, Glacial Silver & Amber Gold
HTC has managed to beat Samsung for the initial price, considering the Galaxy S5 came at a price of 51,500 Rupees in India. The other fact worth mentioning is that HTC One (M8) comes with a Snapdragon 801 Processor (Clocked Higher @ 2.5Ghz) and Adreno 330 GPU that most customers and developers prefer over the Exynos chip-set.