The android 4.4.2 update for the Sprint variants of the Samsung Galaxy S4 has been out for a while now but there are many users who haven’t got it just yet, the reasons may differ for sure but the solution doesn’t so its time when you get the taste of KitKat on your Galaxy S4 (Sprint SPH-L720).
Tip : The complete method and update file is provided below.
- Download the update file : Android 4.4.2 Galaxy S4 (Sprint)
- Put the update zip file (downloaded above) on an EXTERNAL SD CARD (Internal if you don’t have External)
- Turn off your galaxy S4
- Press and hold vol up, home, and power buttons until the phone boots into stock recovery
- Use vol buttons to navigate and power button to select apply update from external storage
- Find the MK2 to NAE update zip and select it
- The update will progress and will take a short span
- Reboot the phone and enjoy android 4.4.2 on your Galaxy S4
Features of the Android 4.4.2 update for the Galaxy S4
- Album art are displayed on Lock Screen while playing Music.
- Camera shortcut is displayed on lock screen.
- Upgraded Emoji icon in Keyboard.
- Location service are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu.
- Default SMS app & launcher can be assigned via Settings.
- White Icons in the Notification Bar.
- Wireless mobile printing options via Samsung +HP printers.
- Performance Tweaks.
- Android 4.4 Google Apps support (Google Drive & Google Photos).
Note : Back up all your data before proceeding as sometimes you may need a hard factory reset after flashing an update manually. Feel free to use the comments section if you run into any issues.