Samsung has been taking a lot of heat from customers regarding Android updates in the past few months, though the Galaxy S5 never got Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Samsung has delivered the Lollipop 5.0 update on
before time. The first region to get it is Poland and the model number of the device is SM-G900F which is the European variant running on a Snapdragon 801 SoC. The update is available in OTA (over the air) and also via Samsung Kies, so if you are eligible for it than waste to time.
Features of the Android 5.0 Lollipop Update for Samsung Galaxy S5
The Android 5.0 Lollipop update has come as a blessing for the Samsung Galaxy S5 owners, as it brings loads of improvements over KitKat and also takes a feature or two from Galaxy Note 4.
- New Lock Screen (With Notification Support)
- Tap To Go
- Priority Mode
- Heads-Up Notification
- Smart Lock
- Mirror Link
- Note 4’s Fingerprint Lock Screen
- Updated driver for Fingerprint Scanner
- New Clipboard Application
- Phone, SMS, Calender, Clock & Other Propriety Applications Updated with Material Design
- New ART (Android Run Time)
- Better Memory Management
- Improved Animations all around the User Interface
- Bug Fixes & Improvements over KitKat 4.4.2
To update your Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F) to Android 5.0 Lollipop, connect your device to your computer and use Samsung Kies. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > System > About Device > Software update > Update. You can also manually flash this firmware via ODIN, the update .Zip can be downloaded from This Link.
The update will soon roll out to other regions/countries/variants, While as usual the USA Carrier variants will have a wait a little bit longer.