The Snapdragon 800 powered Galaxy Note 3 from Samsung started receiving Android 4.4 KitKat update a few days ago and the Exynos Octa-Core variant of the Phablet has joined the treat today. The official update roll out has begun from Russia (SER) and carries a build number N900XXUDNA6, the changes and features for the SM-N900 are identical to the one for the Snapdragon Variant (SM-N9005), which are listed below.
- Android OS 4.4.2 KitKat,
- Album art are displayed on Lock Screen while playing Music.
- Camera shortcut is displayed on lock screen.
- Upgraded Emoji icon in Keyboard.
- Location service are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu.
- Default SMS app & launcher can be assigned via Settings.
- White Icons in the Notification Bar.
- Wireless mobile printing options via Samsung +HP printers.
- Performance Tweaks.
- Android 4.4 Google Apps support (Google Drive & Google Photos).
In case you are wondering that why isn’t the update available for your Note 3 yet, then you must consider the fact that it would take some time for the update to reach you (if you are not already in Russia). Once the update is available you may use the standard method to update your device via Samsung Kies or OTA (over the air).
- To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.
- To update your Galaxy Note 3 via Samsung Kies you need to connect your device via USB cable and then open the Kies application (Will require a PC or Laptop). The update notification will pop-up by itself if your Kies has been updated to the latest version (if not you will have to update Kies first). The software shall then give you a complete guide on updating and backing up your device.
- If us wish to perform a manual update then download the firmware file from This Link and use our guide for the Manual update from the SM-9005, its exactly the same.