One of the most popular Samsung device of all time, the Galaxy S III has been in the news for a while and trust me when I say that there was nothing good about it. The Galaxy device was updated to Android 4.3 starting from the very first week of November and soon after it was plagued by bugs. After almost being paused for more than two weeks the update has resumed now and is rolling out via OTA (Over the air) and Kies both. The build date is 28 Nov 2013 so it is surely a new version and has started rolling out from United kingdom. The features have not been modified but Samsung Knox is missing for sure. To refresh you on the change-log we have listed it below.
CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE
– GALAXY GEAR Support
– TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
– Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
– New Samsung Keyboard
– GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
– New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
– New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
– Driving mode
– Actionable notifications
– Move-to-SD-card feature
– New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
– New Additions in Notification Centre
– Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
– Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
– New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
– Full screen Samsung apps
– New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
To update your Galaxy S III to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, connect your device to your computer and use Samsung KIES or simply use Samsung’s OTA service. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.
*Tip : The manual method to update Galaxy S III to android 4.3 will be posted soon along with the new stable ROM download link. So stay tuned.