It has been a long wait for all the Galaxy S III owners around the world to get Android 4.3 update and now its time Indians have a taste of it. Samsung has now started rolling out android 4.3 officail update in India via OTA (Over the Air) and their desktop assistance software KIES. If you wish to get this update via OTA then keep in mind that it comes at around 408MB so do connect to a Wi-Fi network before proceeding to avoid additional data charges. The update comes with the build number I9300XWUGML4 in case you are looking to manually update you Galaxy S III for some reason (Rooted/Running a Custom ROM). The Galaxy Gear compatibility remains the most highlighted feature of this update, the others are listed below.
Features of the new Android 4.3 Update for the Galaxy S III (GT-I9300)
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- ANT+ Support
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
Official OTA (Over the Air) Update : To download and install the firmware via OTA, Go to Settings > About Device > Software update > Update.
Official Update via Samsung Kies : In order to update your Galaxy S III (I9300/I9305 LTE ) via Samsung Kies you need to connect your device via USB cable and then open the Kies application (Will require a PC or Laptop). The update notification will pop-up by itself if your Kies has been updated to the latest version (if not you will have to update Kies first). The software shall then give you a complete guide on updating and backing up your device.
Manual Update method (ODIN) : If you wish to update you Galaxy S III manually then download the Indian firmware from the link below and follow our Guide to do so.
- Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) official Android 4.3 download
- Guide : How to update Galaxy S III to Android 4.3 Manually via ODIN.
If you have any questions then feel free to use the comments section below. We shall get back to you for assistance.